Thursday, August 11, 2011

"have a fiancé that cooks dinner"/eat green gloop!

I have been so neglectful of blogging lately, it's terrible! On top of full swing wedding-mode I haven't had much time to whip up an exciting dinner. There has been a lot of carrots & pineapple with yogurt and lunch/dinner combos including a bowl of Panera soup on Tuesday followed by a Chipotle salad last night.

Before I explain the green gloop, I must mention the delicious home cooked dinner I had on Monday night! My sister was coming over and I had to work until 7 so I asked Gareth if he could cook something. He agreed and we had settled on the most simple meal but it was really good and really hit the spot! On the menu: grilled chicken breasts, grilled pineapple, broccoli (for me...did you really think I got him hooked after one dinner?), corn, wild rice, and some leftover Cuban bread from Gareth's belated birthday dinner at my parent's.

Gareth actually didn't like pineapple until we started grilling it. It is SO delicious! The chicken was cooked perfectly and seasoned great too! Usually Gareth and I buy the organic chicken breasts because they package two large breasts in a package and it is cheaper than us having leftovers that we don't ever eat. I was telling him how much I prefer the organic chicken when he told me he had bought the regular since he found a two-pack! So maybe it is all in my head...

I only got to eat half of my piece of chicken because my sister showed up early and hungry. Since she is on a CRAZY diet (hey, at least she is getting her skinny on!) I had to share the only thing she could eat: chicken and broccoli. I was happy to share but it was pretty tasty! ;)

Now...for the green gloop! My sister went through a guacamole phase a few years ago buying store-bought guac weekly. I never took a liking to it. It was always tangy and spicy. In an attempt to take a liking to Chipotle (Gareth's favorite go-to restaurant) I tried some guac on my tacos about a year ago. After deciding everything on Chipotle's menu was simply too spicy for me we laid off the burrito runs for a while.

After going through SERIOUS Barbacoa withdrawals Gareth begged me if I could try it again and he suggested maybe a salad. After finding the PERFECT combination for a delicious salad, we are both two VERY happy campers! The salad goes something like this:
  • Lettuce
  • 1/2 scoop rice
  • 1/2 scoop black beans
  • Barbacoa...but not too much
  • Small handful cheese
  • Sour Cream (on the side)
  • GUACAMOLE (on the side)
  • Honey Chipotle Dressing...to.die.for!
Seriously, this salad is absolutely the most delicious thing in the world. Or at least...close. The guacamole is for the chip dipping. They give you a small...pathetic if you ask me...cup full. I think I all buy licked the cup clean last night. Their recipe is just so simple but so good. The avocado it buttery and you can taste hints of lime juice and cilantro. You will not regret ordering a cup...unless you regret not ordering more!



In addition to Chipotle's guac another to compete is Flamestone's table side-made fresh guacamole. We went here for Gareth's birthday and it was great! They muddle all of the ingredients in a stone bowl then let us dig in. Mmm!

I don't think I will ever purchase guacamole from the store...I mean is it even real guacamole? But you better believe I will be devouring some Chipotle guac from here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment