Wednesday, August 24, 2011

make a healthy lunch!

Today I tried out a recipe that I had been thinking over in my head. I enjoy a good wrap and dislike mayo and mustard on wraps so I thought of something new! My taste-buds were tingling for something that had explosions of flavor so here you having your southwest-ish wrap:

1 Whole Wheat Wrap
1/2 small avocado
1-2 table spoons of salsa
3-4 pieces of turkey
Handful of chopped lettuce
Handful of Grape Tomatoes
Drizzle of LF or FF Ranch


1. Smash the avocado with a fork.
2. Add salsa to avocado and mix well. Add salt & pepper to taste.

3. Spread mixture on the wrap.

4. Lay turkey on top.

5. Lay lettuce and tomatoes on top of turkey.

6. Drizzle with ranch and roll!

It tasted pretty good although I don't think my salsa was spicy enough to tickle my taste buds! My rolling skills also need to improve because it got kind of messy. I will definitely make this again and maybe even mix it up a bit. A delicious lunch for today though! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment